Internship Opportunity with Biobank India Foundation (BBIF)
Position: Internship in Biobanking
Duration: 3 to 6 months,
Last date of application: 16th November 2021
Start Date: 22nd November 2021
Internship Details: Biobank Interns will observe, learn and perform the Biobank roles by receiving guidance from the Biobank Personnel. The Interns will also be exposed to various disciplines within the Research and Scientific Services, as well as learning presentation, computer and database skills.
- The intern will work closely with BBIF team
- Time commitment will be 14 hours per week.
- The intern will work remotely
- Internship will be unpaid
Requirements: Candidates for this position need to have the following:
- A Master’s degree in the biological sciences. OR Bachler degree with 2 Years’ experience in biobanking /research.
- A high level of English proficiency, both written and spoken.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- An ability to plan and manage your work schedule.
Skills & Behavioural Competencies
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email)
- Written and oral communications skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills
- Share knowledge and work in a strong team-oriented environment
Benefits: This internship should enhance the intern’s understanding of:
- Patient Registries and Biobanks
- Types of Biobanks and its workflow in India
- Challenges in national and international research and Biobank
- Community building
- Collaborative research network development
- The intern will be author/co-author of paper.
Applications: Please send the following information to “Biobank India foundation” at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A letter explaining your interest
- Your CV
- The contact details of three referees